Quinoa with Chickpeas and Tomatoes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Place the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer, and rinse under cold, running water until the water no longer foams. Bring the quinoa, salt, and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once done, stir in the garbanzo beans, tomatoes, garlic, lime juice, and olive oil. Season with cumin, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley to serve.