Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Barbados ITU

Just got back from the caribbean from my 2nd race of the year. This was my first time in Barbados but felt just like where I was born. The weather, ocean swim  and the breeze on the beach was similar to the one in Cuba. I was impress with the Barbados race organization,  the race set up  was excellent. Sometimes traveling to small places or first year events, you can find many obstacles but that was not the case here they did an excellent job on hosting a good and safe event. To summarize my race, a small pack of 12-13 guys form after the one lap swim and we rode together for the entire bike. Once we got to the run small group of us four (unger, polyansky, chacon and myself) set the pace in front, running the first mile quick but then it clearly became a tactical run, I knew that it would come down to a sprint  since the wind picked up and none of us really wanted to set a strong or steady pace up front anymore.  The Russian surge a couple of times but could not get away and with about 100 meters to go we started sprinting. Unger won and Leo came in second, I finished 3rd and Polyansky 4th all of us within 5 seconds of each other. Over all Im happy with this podium, got the points I needed to secure a spot for Olympic Trials and also got to test my body again. Training is going well I'm healthy and ready to increase the milage. I will be traveling to Costa Rica very soon to start training with Chacon again at the volcano and also I will be racing the REV 3 Guanacaste in 4 weeks.

Ciao




No comments: