Friday, April 6, 2012

Strength Training


Hello in this post I would like to let you know some of the strength training Ive been doing lately. Usually 2-3 times per week and about 30 minutes long after a run that way I already have my muscle warmed up.  Back in February I bought a TRX for my girlfriend and after watching her doing some of the exercises I decided to give it a try. The first couple of times it was very hard and the following day I would feel very sore witch meant that it actually works. Because its simple to carry and to work with, its very convenient to have it and all you need is a door or some thing where you can hang it from. Since I live right in front of a soccer field I usually hang it from the goalie post. Here are some photos of the exercises I do to work my core. You can youtube for some videos and a detail explanation on how to use it properly or just go to their website. I think is a great tool for triathletes with a tight schedule since all you really need is about 20-30 minutes per session and it will keep you FIT ;)
Chest and arms


one leg squads



side to side 



push ups






one leg lunges








Hope you give it a try at your local gym or at home and that it works for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like some great stuff! I've been looking for some new core routines to mix up my post run strengthening. How many sets and reps? what about recovery?

Thanks for the post,
Matt

Unknown said...

I do 2 types of exercises at a time back to back then about 45 seconds recovery for the next set and a total of 3 sets.