Wednesday, April 18, 2012

SYDNEY WTS

 Hello all, well Sydney's race was a disappointment but learn a lot from my current fitness level. I traveled there about a week prior to the race and USAT had a great training camp set up near by in a town south of sydney in Wollongong.  So straight into the race: I had an ok swim just felt like swimming in a giant washing machine getting hit in every stroke (this is normal) and didn't have time to warm up for the swim plus i didn't wanted to get cold and decided to try it out.. the russians do that all the time so I should had been ok. Came out on the back of the pack but by the second lap of the bike we were all together except a two man break that had 20-30 seconds lead. Then the chaos  arrived, riding on a very narrow road and having the entire field together was vey sketchy, the whole time guys were bumping with each other (also normal) and I'm surprised that only  a few guys went down, specially in the last two laps. I had a very bad T2 and in a WTS event that could be the race, I was one of the last guys out of T2 and that meant that I needed to do some catch up, my first mile was about 4.30 ouch.... and I set myself within the top 20 guys, ran with some fast Canucks for about 4.5 -5km and the wheels came off fading bad for the reminder of the run. The positive thing about this race is that I actually got a fast race under my belt and San Diego won't be such a  shock into my body. I left there knowing that Im fit and only need some high intensity runs before trials and my coach Roberto and I already plan them for this next couple of weeks.
So this is all for now and ill keep you post it on how this last weeks of training goes.

Ciao

No comments: